HOST UK is a chance for international and EU students to visit a British home and family.
The service links you with friendly, approved hosts for a visit. You could have a relaxing break, experiencing home and community life, seeing the countryside, chatting and making friends, gaining insights into British culture, and sharing your own culture with your British hosts.
Most hosts will arrange to take you for local sightseeing trips which would normally not cost you any money. The most of the visit will be spent with the host (and their family) getting to know each other, playing board games, cooking, gardening, chatting, etc.
We encourage you to take advantage of this opportunity before you leave the UK.
How much does it cost?
- Visits are free thanks to the generosity of HOST’s approved volunteers
- Administration fee: £25 weekend visit, £15 day visit
- Cost of travel to and from your chosen location
How do I apply?
- Apply online at HOST UK
- Your application will be sent to the International Student Advisers for authorisation
- We will email you with details on how to pay for the administration fee
- Once your application is authorised and paid for, HOST UK will organise your visit with a host either regionally or nationally, depending on how far you want to travel
- This scheme is for University of Portsmouth international and EU students only
- The administration charge is non refundable
- You can also bring another international student friend but they must complete their own application with HOST UK
- UOP Global will only subsidise a maximum of 2 visits per student, any additional visits will have to be done through HOST directly
- UOP Global will not subsidise Dependants and children, you can apply to HOST directly for this
For more information, speak to the International Student Advisers