HOST UK is a chance for international and EU students to
visit a British home and family.
The service links you with friendly, approved hosts for a
visit. You could have a relaxing break, experiencing home and community life,
seeing the countryside, chatting and making friends, gaining insights into
British culture, and sharing your own culture with your British hosts.
Most hosts will arrange to take you for local sightseeing
trips which would normally not cost you any money. The most of the visit will
be spent with the host (and their family) getting to know each other, playing
board games, cooking, gardening, chatting, etc.
We encourage you to take advantage of this opportunity
before you leave the UK.
How much does it cost?
- Visits are free thanks to the generosity of HOST’s approved volunteers
- Administration fee: £30 weekend visit, £15 day visit (£50 Festive weekend, £20 Festive Day)
- Cost of travel to and from your chosen location
How do I apply?
- Apply online at HOST UK
- Your application will be sent to the International Student
Advisers for authorisation
- We will email you with details on how to pay for the
- Once your application is authorised and paid for, HOST UK
will organise your visit with a host either regionally or nationally, depending
on how far you want to travel
- This scheme is for University of Portsmouth international
and EU students only
- The administration charge is non refundable
- UOP Global will only subsidise a maximum of 2 visits per
student, any additional visits will have to be done through HOST and paid in
full to them directly
- UOP Global will not subsidise Dependants, you can apply and
pay in full to HOST directly for this
For more information, speak to the International