This article will provide
information regarding what a student should do in the event of a medical
emergency whilst studying abroad. This article will also outline how the
University Insurance provider will help you in this situation.
The University travel insurance
is supported by 24 hour emergency assistance from Royal and Sun Alliance. In
the event of a medical emergency, please contact thier assistance providers
Helpline: +44 (0) 2086 084 100
Please quote policy number: RTT306251 in the name of
University of Portsmouth
*Please note - failure to contact
Lifeline Plus in the event of an emergency could lead to seriously enhanced
costs being incurred; the insurers may be entitled to reduce settlement or
decline to pay.
Once you have contacted Healix,
they are able to help you in the following ways:
- Assistance with emergency prescription replacement whilst living abroad
- Special medical services will be arranged when required (e.g. oxygen or a wheelchair)
- Physician/hospital/dental/vision referral details, when medical attention is required (assistance with booking appointments can also be provided)
- Medical monitoring assistance during medical care abroad
- Medical evacuation arrangements, at the discretion of our medical team
- Coordinate necessary repatriation arrangements for the return of mortal remains in accordance with local governmental procedures
Remember to download a copy of
the Emergency Assistance card
and take it with you when travelling abroad.
Please contact University
Insurance Officer, if you require any further information.
Tel: 023 9284 3308