This article will explain how and where you can get careers advice, and what you can get help with.
The University of Portsmouth’s Careers and Employability Service offers careers advice to all University of Portsmouth current students and graduates for up to five years after finishing university.
The Careers and Employability Service can help you with all aspects of your career planning with advice on career options, training routes, work experience, job search, applications, interviews, further study and working globally.
How to access careers advice
There are lots of ways that The Careers and Employability Service can help you! From advice on your CV or cover letter to discussions about your future career, a lot of these can be handled when you drop in to see us - no appointment needed!
You can also book appointments with careers advisers for in-depth talks and advice, either remotely or in-centre.
- Drop-In. Come into the Careers and Employability Service centre to ask the experts your questions! This could be anything from CV advice and graduate job search to discussing your options after your course. There is always staff in the centre ready to help and we are open all year round Monday - Friday (excluding bank holidays).
- Online guidance. Can't visit the centre? Then send us your careers questions through My Purple Door - just click on 'Ask Us a Question' and we will get back to you within five working days.
- Careers advice appointment. Bookable one-to-one appointments with a professional careers adviser are available for tailored in-depth advice. Just call 023 9284 2684. If you can't get to the Careers and Employability Centre you can request a telephone appointment.
- Skype appointment. Would you like a mock interview? Or just prefer to talk to someone face-to-face but you can't make it into the centre? You can request a Skype interview with a careers adviser.
- Online resources. The Careers and Employability Service website provides careers advice with detailed guides on CVs, applications, inrterviews, career planning, job search and more.
How to Contact us
Visit us at:
Careers and Employability Service
University of Portsmouth
28 Guildhall Walk
Telephone or Email:
t: +44 (0)23 9284 2684