This article explains what to do if you encounter an error with your visa or BRP card.

BRP card errors

If there is a spelling error, or the Sponsor License Number is incorrect, you will need to report this error online.

If you have been given the incorrect length of leave or incorrect immigration conditions, you will need to request an Administrative Review to request that it be corrected.

  • Administrative Review

Your request for administrative review must be made within 14 calendar days of receiving your decision letter. We encourage you to speak to our International Student Advisers who can advise you on the Administrative Review process.

VISA errors

From time to time, there may be an error with your visa. The problem is not always the same, and so getting it corrected is dependent on the type of error that has occurred.

We strongly recommend that you check your visa before arriving in the country, just to make sure that there are no obvious problems.

For information on how to check your visa, please visit the UKCISA website.

How do I deal with a problem once I’m in the UK? 

You will need to visit the International Student Advisers. They can send your passport away to the Home Office to be corrected.

How long will I be without my passport?

The process takes approximately 6-8 weeks. We therefore strongly advise that you do not make any travel plans whilst your passport is with the Home Office.

Enter your email address to receive a notification when the article is updated
Email Address

Was this article helpful
Thank you for your feedback
How can we improve?